The article Muhammad, Islam, and Sex
discusses various aspects of this vast topic,
Islam and Sexual Perversions
as some more aspects.
Muhammad is believed by Muslims to have had the strength of 30 or 40 men when it
came to sex, cf. Muhammad's
Some other keywords:
- boy for owner of bed
Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas and 'Abd bin Zam'a quarrelled with each other
(regarding a child). The Prophet said, "The boy is for you, O 'Abd
bin Zam'a, for the boy is for (the owner) of the bed. O Sauda !
Screen yourself from the boy." The sub-narrator, Al-Laith added
(that the Prophet also said), "And the stone is for the person who
commits an illegal sexual intercourse."
(Sahih Bukhari 8.807)
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "The boy is for (the owner of) the bed and the
stone is for the person who commits illegal sexual intercourse.'
(Sahih Bukhari 8.808)
- coitus interruptus, see AZL
- conception and pregnancy
- consort with wives in a goodly manner,
- don't force female slaves into prostitution,
- during Ramadhan,
- illegal sexual relationships: The Mosaic Law
mentions several sexual relationships with any close relative
to be forbidden:
- sister (father's daughter, mother's daughter, regardless of
place of birth. also daughter of father's wife).
- son's daughter or daughter's daughter
- aunt (father's or mother's sister).
- father's brother's wife
- brother's wife
- both woman and her daughter or granddaughter
- wife's sister as long as wife is alive
- neighbor's wife
- another man
Muhammad, however, married the wife
of his adopted son, Zaid. However,
adoption is prohibited in the Qur'an
- is what your spouse is for, so do it!
- resemblence with parents,
- with slaves is legal,
al-Mu'minun 23:1-6; al-Ahzab 33:50,52; al-Ma`arij 70:30 (alternate interpretation)
Go Back to Main Index