Dictionary of Christian Answers to Muslim Questions
The dream for this page would be that it will become a comprehensive
dictionary giving links to pages answering the questions of Muslims
to as many issues as possible.
The model page inspiring this section is the Comparative
Index to Islam and one large page called
(mainly theological topics) and Netburst's Virtual Library
(mainly practical life issues) with similar goals and setup.
However, they are missing many issues relevant to Muslim-Christian
Entries will have short definitions and explanations, links to pages
on this site discussing the topic in more depth, or resource links
to other sites which have more specialized background material on
this area. Not all links lead to Christian sites, but sometimes also
to other pages which we think have valuable information.
Everything has to start small. Please let
me know which words you are missing from this index and we will seek to supply
some information on it and add an entry.
I have added a few entries that are not particularly Christian
but this page will also serve as a collection of miscellanea
that didn't fit anywhere else on this site.
-- A --
- Abolition of Slavery, see Slavery
- Alexandria, library of
-- B --
- Bible Study
-- C --
- Christ, see Messiah
- Copyright Law:
- Crescent Moon Symbol
-- D --
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Confirmation of a Qur'anic Christianity?
- Denomination(s), see Church
- Meaning: "protected",
the term used for the People of the Book living under Islamic rule
- Bat Ye'or has written the standard work on Dhimmis and Dhimmitude
-- E --
They have not heard about Christ - Are they really lost?
- Ebionites, see Nazarenes
-- F --
-- G --
Getting what you do not deserve.
- Growth, Spiritual
-- H --
-- I --
- Ibn Warraq wrote some books on Islam [atheist perspective]
- Reviews of his book "Why I am not a Muslim":
- Illustrations of spiritual truth
-- J --
- Jesus Seminar and other "original Jesus" theories
-- K --
-- L --
- George M. Lamsa
- Christian Scholar or Cultic Torchbearer? (about his doctrines and his qualifications as Biblical scholar as well as some remarks about his translation of the Peshitta that is sometimes used by Muslims)
- LXX, see "Septuagint"
-- M --
Not getting what you deserve.
- Messiah (The Annointed One)
- Mithras, Mithraism
- Mubahala, see "Cursing"
-- N --
- Nicea, the Council of
-- O --
-- P --
- Paul, the apostle
-- Q --
-- R --
-- S --
- The Salvation
- The Samaritans
- The Septuagint (LXX)
- Sharp's rule
- Son of God
- (The) Son of Man
- Spread of Christianity
- Stott, John
- John Stott is one of the greatest Bible expositors and Christian
leaders of our time. John Stott Ministries offer some of his works online.
-- T --
- Tema & Teman
(The problem of vindication of the justice of God in ordaining or
permitting natural and moral evil.)
- Trial (of Jesus)
-- U --
-- V --
-- W --
-- X --
-- Y --
Year 2000 Problem
-- Z --
Answering Islam Home Page